The Ultimate Bergen County Mother’s Day Checklist
It’s Springtime in Bergen County (finally!) and that means that Mother’s Day is right around the corner! If you plan on impressing a special mother in your life, then we have a Bergen County exclusive Mother’s Day checklist for you! This is the perfect list to give you ideas on what to buy Mom for Mother’s Day or where to bring Mom for the best Mother’s Day Brunch in Bergen County!
PS – This list is good for impressing your actual mother or the mother of your children… or a grandmother… or all of the above! (Hey, we’re here to help!)
Here’s our cheat sheet for this year’s Mother’s Day:
- If the Mom in your life love’s sweets and pastries, then show up on her doorstep with a box of mini pastries from Rispoli Pastry Shop in Emerson or a crumb cake from B&W Bakery in Hackensack. Think crumb cake is too passé? Well, then you’ve never had one from B&W! Trust us – it’s awesome!
- Flowers go a long way! Unless they are allergic to them, your Mom might really appreciate a custom bouquet of Spring flowers for Mother’s Day! And in the flower department, you are in luck, because many towns throughout Bergen County have great florists! (If you have a favorite, please let know in the comments section below!) Our favorite springtime flowers are roses, tulips, peonies, carnations and lilies!
- Don’t forget a card! If you have kids, a hand-made card is the best and is guaranteed to make Mom’s heart brim with joy. No kids? Stick with Hallmark, but don’t forget to add your own little personal message. It’s nice to write a little note to let your Mom know how much you love them, but also tell them why they are so important to you. There are a bunch of Hallmark and specialty cards stores throughout Bergen County, but we also like Papyrus Greeting Cards & Stationary. You can find one in The Shops at Riverside in Hackensack or in The Garden State Plaza in Paramus.
- Treat Mom to the best Mother’s Day Brunch in Bergen County! Sanzari’s New Bridge Inn know how to do Mother’s Day! The Mother’s Day Brunch Buffet at Sanzari’s New Bridge Inn is delicious and is sure to please any Mom no matter how high her standards! Seatings for this Bergen County Mother’s Day Brunch start at 11AM on Sunday, May 10th 2015 and go throughout 3PM. Brunch is served in the Upstairs Ballroom and is moderately priced at $38.95 for Adults and $20.00 for kids. The Mother’s Day Brunch Buffet is extremely popular, so make sure you get your reservations before they are gone!
- Have a chocolate lover on your hands? What Mom wouldn’t like a box of chocolate from one of Bergen County’s top chocolatiers? There are plenty to choose from including Critchley’s Chocolate in River Edge, Hanna Krause in Paramus and Conrad’s in Westwood.
- Mom’s love a good memory-maker and what creates fantastic memories better than a family photo shoot! There are beautiful public places throughout Bergen County that are perfect for a Spring photo shoot! Call you favorite photographer and have them meet you there for an impromptu photo session! (Just make sure that you agree on the terms first. Some photographers are serious about their copyrights and may charge for each photo you actually print; while others will just charge you one flat fee for their time and give you all the pictures they take on a small flash drive.)
- Your Mom has been taking care of your family for so long, now it’s time to pamper her! How about a spa day package at one of the many spas throughout Bergen County! There are so many to choose from that it’s hard to recommend just one, but we would love to hear your suggestions in the comment section below!
- Treat your Mom to the best Mother’s Dinner in Bergen County! Mother’s Day Brunch is awesome, but the Mom in your life might prefer something a little more formal, and that’s okay! Besides the Mother’s Day Brunch Buffet, Sanzari’s New Bridge Inn also offers the best Mother’s Day Dinner in North Jersey! Not only is this meal fantastic, but there are no dishes to clean! Dinner is served on Sunday May 10th 2015 with seatings starting at 1PM and going throughout the evening until 7PM. Mother’s Day Dinner features a signature Prix Fixe Menu and is priced at $42.95 per Adult. A Children’s Menu is offer for $20 per child. You can make your reservations by calling 201-692-7700 or online at www.sanzaris.com.
Take advantage of all the resources that you have in Bergen County NJ and treat your Mom to the time of her life this Mother’s Day! We hope you have a wonderful Mother’s Day weekend and we hope to see you at Sanzari’s New Bridge Inn soon!
Thanks for reading!